The Cape Symphony & Conservatory employs approximately 75 musicians, more than 60 educators and artists and a team of professionals to help create, administer and support its vibrant concert season, arts programs at two campuses and educational programs throughout the Cape & Islands community.
Current Job Opportunities
Date: June 6, 2016
Title: Operations and Personnel Manager
Position / Fee: Full time / salary commensurate with experience
Reports to: Primary: Director of Artistic Operations and Artistic Director and Conductor
Summary: Execute all production details for concerts and events.
Administer Cape Symphony musician personnel requirements.
Oversee Librarian and Stage Manager
- 1-3 years working for a performing arts organization
- Ability to read music
- Knowledge of classical music repertoire a plus
- Work well as part of a team
- Meet deadlines
- Computer skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Work well under pressure and with multiple deadlines
- Highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Occasional heavy lifting
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate annual concert season schedule with venues, in consultation with the Director of Artistic Operations and Artistic Director.
- Execute the Artistic Director’s vision for concert performances, including special lighting, video, etc.
- Attend all concerts and rehearsals.
- Ensure that rehearsals and concerts are properly staffed (back of house) in conjunction with Stage Manager.
- Coordinate rehearsal orders with Artistic Director and all stage changes with Stage Manager for efficient flow of rehearsals and concerts.
- Assure compliance with artists’ contracts and technical riders in conjunction with Stage Manager.
- Coordinate arrangements with guest artists including accommodations and travel.
- Ensure guest artist’s special requirements are met.
- Provide concert detail documentation to Marketing and assist Marketing as needed to complete all program publications.
- Prepare Concert Operations budget annually, including Symphony Presents budgets in conjunction with Director of Artistic Operations and the COO.
- Prepare and distribute musician newsletters and communications – including season calendar, repertoire list, and weekly rehearsal schedules.
- Create and maintain list of active and approved substitutes. Use this list to track and record substitute history and notate comments/recommendations from Artistic Director, principals and section players.
- Engage all substitute or extra players, subject to approval of Artistic Director and Director of Artistic Operations
- Prepare and send Engagement Notice and Guidelines when substitute musician is engaged.
- Provide Director of Artistic Operations and Stage Manager completed and/or updated personnel lists in advance of each rehearsal and concert.
- Administer system of rotation for string players.
- For rehearsals and concerts arrive 1 hour early.
- Take attendance at all Cape Symphony services.
- Make any announcements to the musicians one minute prior to the beginning of rehearsals.
- Start and end rehearsals and breaks on time.
- During all services, remain accessible to musicians, stage manager and Artistic Director.
- Remain in performance venue until musicians have departed.
- Prepare and submit payroll information after each concert cycle.
- Obtain Artistic Director approval for any requests for absence.
- Maintain file/spreadsheet of musician absences and requests for absence.
- Notify Artistic Director of any last minute absences.
- Coordinate all details relating to auditions: schedule and post audition announcements, organize, attend, and proctor all auditions.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to: Carlotta Surette, email@example.com. NO PHONE INQUIRIES.
Apply by: 6/27/2016
There are no other auditions occurring at this time, but please check back regularly for new opportunities. The Cape Symphony is a per-service orchestra.If you wish to be considered as a supplemental musician:
Send One-Page Resume and YouTube Link To Audition Video To:
SUPPLEMENTAL MUSICIAN REPERTOIRE